The NNPHL Call for Applications will open on a rolling basis. The next NNPHL Leadership Training will be announced in November 2019. To receive updates about upcoming NNPHL learning opportunities, please sign-up for our mailing list.
NNPHL Leadership Training Application
NNPHL Leadership Training is designed for exemplary, mid-level career humanitarian professionals working for non-governmental or community-based organizations in humanitarian settings. All participants of NNPHL will meet a standard set of minimum requirements:
- Must have a demonstrated interest in pursuing leadership roles in the humanitarian sector
- Must be able to speak, read, and write English with proficiency
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or a comparable academic or professional qualification
- Must be available to participate in the course (to be announced in November 2019)
- Must have the permission of your employer to participate in all aspects of the program
- Must have reached a mid-level position in a non-governmental or community-based organization
- Experience in at least one or more humanitarian emergency situations
- Must aspire to take on leadership roles in and have a commitment to the humanitarian sector
- Must have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the date of the in-person training course
- Must not be enrolled or actively participating in a Master’s Degree program of PhD program during the time of the training course
- With a focus on strengthening the leadership capacity of national level staff, NNPHL will prioritize candidates working with national NGOs and community-based organizations. A limited number of spots will be available for national staff working at international NGOs.
- For each regional workshop, NNPHL will prioritize applicants from the corresponding region. Please read the Eligibility Requirements above and ensure that you meet the criteria before applying.
- Please note that expatriate staff are not eligible for NNPHL blended learning courses, nor are professionals working at UN agencies or government affiliated organizations. However, the NNPHL Online Course is available to everyone at no cost.
- NNPHL has a commitment to maintaining a gender balance for each iteration of the course, and ensuring that women have improved access to leadership training. For that reason we especially encourage women humanitarian professionals to apply for the program. For more information about NNPHL’s eligibility requirements, please see the FAQ.